A network that provides the resources necessary for the successful development of small businesses at all stages from planning to implementation, shares 15 ideas for advertising while keeping costs to a minimum.
1) Communication : create an online presence on all social media and channels relevant to your business; LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, email, blog, company website chat and toll-free number.
2) Business cards : leave them wherever possible and to anyone you meet.
3) Newsletter : Collect customers’ email addresses and create a weekly, fortnightly or monthly newsletter in which you inform them of promotions or events.
4) Company website : always keep the web page updated and accounts on company social networks. You need to show your customers that you are always active within your small business.
5) YouTube : create a video of your products or services, post the link to the video on YouTube on all social media accounts, blogs and company websites.
6) Always stay in touch : Communicate regularly with your customers by sending them a handwritten thank you card with a coupon attached.
7) Loyalty : Reward your most loyal customers, for example, with a 20% discount on their next purchase. Don’t assume that customers will come back to buy from you. Show your appreciation for their continued support for your business.
8) Old-fashioned advertising : Print brochures or flyers and deliver them door-to-door in your community. You can also leave them on the windshields of cars in a shopping mall parking lot.
9) Make sure you appear in the lists : both Google and Bing allow local businesses to sign up for their directories for free.
10) Suppliers : Talk to your suppliers and ask them if they know of any other companies that may need your products or services. Also try to find out if they have an announcement board that you can put your business card on.